CANNES - A second suspected jewellery heist was reported at the Cannes Film Festival, with a single necklace by Swiss jeweller De Grisogono worth nearly $2.6 million reported missing. In the case of the first gem loot at the Cannes Film Festival, thieves literally tore out a safe filled with roughly $1 million-worth of jewels from a hotel room. The second time around the event took place ...
A new study has found that maintaining a heart healthy lifestyle may also help protect chronic kidney disease patients from developing kidney failure and early death. The findings suggest that patients with kidney disease should be encouraged to improve their heart health. Paul Muntner, PhD (University of Alabama at Birmingham) and his colleagues used the American Heart Association's recently ...
Sports Minister Jitendra Singh said Friday that states need to take adequate steps to combat illegal practices in sports after the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL) was marred by spot-fixing. Singh said that the central government was ready to extend full support to the states with regards to combating illegal practices in sports. "The states have an important role to play in wake of the ...
The mother-of-one, who sleeps each night with a different brother, does not know which of her five related husbands is the father of her 18-month-old ...
alcohol , and I know he would too, but he's been almost four months sober and it's painful counting at times. I hand the presents to the children so they can give them to their father. "Thanks, darling," he says to me as he unwraps a book."Oh, don't thank me. These are from the children."This is something I later see as underhand cruelty. It's like saying, ...
Winds: From the South at 9 MPH
The Perfect Storm
"I had some misgivings about calling it The Perfect Storm, but in the end I decided that the intent was sufficiently clear. I use perfect in the meteorological sense: a storm that could not possibly have been worse." -- Sebastian Junger, from the Foreword to "The Perfect Storm" ...
Rory McIlroy and the two-time defending champion Luke Donald missed the cut in the BMW PGA Championship in Virginia Water, England. Francesco Molinari leads by a stroke. ...
The 19th stage of the Giro ...
Juan Monaco will face Jarkko Nieminen in the final of the Power Horse Cup ATP tournament in DÃ¼sseldorf, Germany. ...
Twinkling fairylights, a cicada symphony and a long table set for dinner under a starlit sky set the scene for a memorable outback dinner at the historic Durack homestead.Celebrity chef Anna Gare, WA food ambassador Don Hancey and indigenous chefs joined culinary forces for the Durack Homestead Dinner -- one of the social highlights on the Ord Valley Muster events calendar.Gare, who hasn't ...
Cover goddess Kate Upton said no, so Sports Illustrated model Nina Agdal stepped in to escort L.A. high school senior Jake Davidson to his prom on ...
They Said It
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
I caught a cab from the Belfast International Airport, and within about 10 or 15 minutes was at the Hilton ...Keep reading
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Beijing BulletinBeijing Bulletin | Breaking News from Beijing
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of the news from Beijing. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Beijing Bulletin is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Beijing.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Beijing weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Beijing Bulletin is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
China is planning to give a larger role to private businesses and market forces in its economy.
The move comes in a major policy shift intended to improve living conditions for the middle class and to make China a stronger competitor on the global stage.
According to the New York Times, in a speech to party cadres, Chinese Prime Minister, Li Keqiang, said the central government would reduce the state's role in economic matters this month.
He added that by this he hoped of unleashing the creative energies of a nation with the world's second-largest economy after that of the United States.
On Friday, the Chinese Government issued a set of policy proposals that seemed to show that Li and other leaders were serious about reducing government intervention in the marketplace and giving competition among private businesses a bigger role in investment decisions and setting prices.
China's leaders are under greater pressure to change as growth slows and the limitations of its state-led, investment-driven economy are becoming more evident.
This month, manufacturing activity contracted for the first time in seven months, according to an independent survey by HSBC.
According to the report, foreign investors will be given more opportunities to invest in finance, logistics, health care and other sectors. ...
- China stocks plunge on US debt train crash
- Gold dips slightly ahead of 3-day holiday weekend
- Chinese premier slams EUs trade measures against Chinese products
- China vows to further liberalize interest rates
- Google eyes African Asian markets
- Diversion of flight fails to save passenger from Ireland
- Pakistani plane forced to land near London two held
- Two held over Pakistani planes mid-air alert
- Britain sends up fighters as Pakistani plane diverted
- Union of Concerned Scientists Northwest Airlines Asks Clear Channel to Pull Science Groups Anti-Nuclear-Weapons Ad in Minneapolis Airport
- Ryder makes low-key gym comeback away from prying eyes following bar assault
- Women gymgoers filthier than men
- Turning off technology hours before bedtime promotes sound sleep
- Cook says Pietersen progressing well to be fit in time for Ashes
- Secrets behind itching revealed
- Governing bodies more comfortable with hedge fund investing
- RFK Center Releases Documents Outlining US Actions to Block Life-saving Funds to Haiti
- New credit card offers discounts for shoppers
- Royale Mastercard wins award
- Gold gains appeal as alternative asset
- Wireless signals can stunt plant growth
- LoanLove.com Helps First Time And Experienced Homeowners To Find Loans They Will Love
- IXYS Schedules Conference Call to Discuss Results of Its Fourth Fiscal Quarter and Fiscal Year Ended March 31 2013
- Science Magazine Newton Surpasses 100000 Downloads Just Four Months After Launch
- Model N to Present at the Raymond James Internet Software Crossover Conference
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Beijing Bulletin headlines delivered to your inbox.
- China planning to give private businesses larger role in economy
- China Pakistan vow to deepen comprehensive strategic cooperation
- Nine dead in China shop fire
- China reaffirms denuclearisation on Korean Peninsula
- Sudirman Cup China overcome tough test against Indonesia