CANNES - A second suspected jewellery heist was reported at the Cannes Film Festival, with a single necklace by Swiss jeweller De Grisogono worth nearly $2.6 million reported missing. In the case of the first gem loot at the Cannes Film Festival, thieves literally tore out a safe filled with roughly $1 million-worth of jewels from a hotel room. The second time around the event took place ...
American pop-rock band Hanson has unveiled a new beer, which they have named 'MmmHops.' According to BeerPulse.com, the India Pale Ale - made with the help of a craft brewery in Oklahoma - was introduced by the band at 'The Hangover Part III' afterparty in Los Angeles on Monday night, People magazine reported. Debuting the uniquely named beer at the afterparty was no accident - the film opens ...
Scientists have shown that a lifestyle that encourages a healthy heart could also shield patients with chronic kidney diseases from kidney failure and premature death, says a study. The findings, appearing in the Journal of the American Society of Nephrology (JASN), suggest that patients with kidney diseases should be encouraged to improve their heart's health, reports Science Daily. Poor ...
Two men were walking to their car after leaving the establishment when shots rang out and one of them was hit in the right knee. The man was driven to Chippenham Hospital, police said, and his injury was not life-threatening. Police did not have details on a suspect or a ...
Defending champions Kenya Police (Chafua Chafua) retained their title after registering 21 points to during the first leg of the National Boxing ...
Winds: From the ESE at 4 MPH
Despite getting good reviews and several Oscar nominations when it was first released in 1945, in the long run, Alfred Hitchcock's Spellbound, the second of four films he would make with powerful independent producer David O. Selznick, has gotten a pretty bad rap. Consider that, in the lengthy, book-length interviews Franois Truffaut conducted with Hitchcock, the section on Spellbound ...
Papa started the game by scoring in the second minute through centre back Oscar Ayodi before following it up with three penalties to take a 14-0 lead. Ndovu seemed to be struggling and the tables only turned when Papa received their first sin bin when KCB old ...
FKF chairman, Sam Nyamweya, has, at the same time, urged club coaches to support the national team and respect Amrouche. He said they won't hesitate to take action against any coach who tries to sabotage the national team. "We are taking this matter very seriously and have called the two men to discuss the best way forward," Nyamweya said. Last week, Amrouche accused Logarusic of ...
Ochichi, who staged her comeback at the Prague 21km run in 1:09.21 after seven years in woodworks, shook off her close challengers Esther Chemtai and Pascalia Chepkorir in the women's 10,000m final at the prestigious sporting cathedral, Moi International Sports Centre, Kasarani, yesterday. Mutai proved he was no pushover in 800m as he posted an impressive 1:43.9. The mark stands out as the ...
Harambee Stars . As the World Cup Qualifiers' return leg pitting Kenya and Nigeria inches ever closer, only a brave man would bet against 'Sonko' once again throwing in incentives to motivate the players as he did when the team returned from Nigeria two months ago and met them at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport with loads of cash. ...
NAIROBI, KENYA : The second day of the Manyatta Polo Tournament saw the favourites in both the Annesley Cup and the Mau Molo Cup go through unbeaten, on ...
They Said It
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
The taxi drove through the center of the building to an arrival station for the Crowne Plaza which is a ...Keep reading
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Beijing BulletinBeijing Bulletin | Breaking News from Beijing
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of the news from Beijing. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Beijing Bulletin is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Beijing.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Beijing weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Beijing Bulletin is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
China is planning to give a larger role to private businesses and market forces in its economy.
The move comes in a major policy shift intended to improve living conditions for the middle class and to make China a stronger competitor on the global stage.
According to the New York Times, in a speech to party cadres, Chinese Prime Minister, Li Keqiang, said the central government would reduce the state's role in economic matters this month.
He added that by this he hoped of unleashing the creative energies of a nation with the world's second-largest economy after that of the United States.
On Friday, the Chinese Government issued a set of policy proposals that seemed to show that Li and other leaders were serious about reducing government intervention in the marketplace and giving competition among private businesses a bigger role in investment decisions and setting prices.
China's leaders are under greater pressure to change as growth slows and the limitations of its state-led, investment-driven economy are becoming more evident.
This month, manufacturing activity contracted for the first time in seven months, according to an independent survey by HSBC.
According to the report, foreign investors will be given more opportunities to invest in finance, logistics, health care and other sectors. ...
- Asian Markets Weekly Update Fed Fears and Weak Chinese Factory Data Fuel Sell-Off
- Kobe Steel mulls shutting blast furnace in western Japan -Nikkei
- China stocks plunge on US debt train crash
- Gold dips slightly ahead of 3-day holiday weekend
- Chinese premier slams EUs trade measures against Chinese products
- Diversion of flight fails to save passenger from Ireland
- Best day trips from Las Vegas
- Tyson Gay cruises to 100m victory at Adidas Grand Prix
- New frontiers new risks How safe is space tourism
- Cableway to lift tourism says alliance
- Indian software industry to see strong revenue growth PwC
- Moon dust gathered by Neil Armstrong discovered in warehouse after 40 years
- Why DOJ didnt need a super search warrant to snoop on Fox News e-mail
- News Corp. approves poison pill buyback before split
- Apple 1 breaks auction record goes for $671400
- Ryder makes low-key gym comeback away from prying eyes following bar assault
- Women gymgoers filthier than men
- Understanding the new health reform tax credit
- Sport on TV Not-so-fast Eddie sets a blistering pace in the Cape
- How State Governments Raise Costs And Rip Hundreds Of Billions Off The Federal Government Using Health Insurance Premium Taxes
- At what cost Life-saving drug withheld
- Five questions about Credit unions
- Fair Game Shareholders Are Speaking Up but Who’s Listening
- Economic View Five Positive Economic Signs Are on the Horizon
- Strategies At Apple and JPMorgan a Good Week for the C.E.O.
- Wireless signals can stunt plant growth
- Wireless printer blocking laptop’s wake-up call
- Cheap Pink Tickets SuperbTicketsOnline.com Offers Reduced Pricing On Tickets For November 5 Concert Taking Place In Chicago Illinois
- Googles Excellent Plan To Bring Wireless Internet To Developing Countries
- TRA Participates in the 5th World TelecommunicationsICT Policy Forum
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Beijing Bulletin headlines delivered to your inbox.
- China planning to give private businesses larger role in economy
- China Pakistan vow to deepen comprehensive strategic cooperation
- Video China praised at African Union summit
- Lifestyle Book traces Africas journey from Europe to China
- Cyberspace manhunt erupts over unsolved poisoning case in China