As many as nine people, including three children, died in a fire that broke out in China's Guangdong province early Friday, fire authorities said. The flames engulfed an automobile repair shop in Foshan city in the morning, reported Xinhua citing a fire brigade official. It was a single-storey building, existing as shop-cum-residence, the official said, adding that the fire was later ...
President Xi Jinping Friday reaffirmed China's stance of denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula while stressing that targets should be met by all parties involved irrespective of how the situation evolved. During his meeting with Choe Ryong Hae, the special envoy of Nork Korean leader Kim Jong Un, Xi stressed that denuclearisation and long-lasting peace and stability on the Korean Peninsula ...
Indonesia almost scared China in their second meeting in three days but the defending champions still made the semifinals of the Sudirman Cup here. Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir provided good start for Indonesia as they stunned Olympic runners-up Xu Chen/Ma Jin in mixed doubles 21-18, 14-21 and 21-16 Thursday. But Chen Long quickly levelled the score for China after he thrashed Tommy Sugiarto ...
Beijing, May 24 (Xinhua-ANI): The Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) issued a certification for the Boeing 787 Dreamliner Thursday, a milestone for the 787 to begin commercial service in China. The CAAC presented Boeing with a Validation of Type Certification (VTC), indicating that the design of the 787 Dreamliner is compliant with China's aviation regulations and that China endorses ...
China has successfully taken over the operational control of Pakistan's Gwadar Port. After pull out by Port of Singapore Authority (PSA) of a 40-year port management and development contract signed in 2007, China will operate the port, which is strategically located close to the Pakistan-Iran border and the Strait of Hormuz in south-western Balochistan province, reports the Daily Times. The ...
Winds: From the SSE at 4 MPH
The Perfect Storm
"I had some misgivings about calling it The Perfect Storm, but in the end I decided that the intent was sufficiently clear. I use perfect in the meteorological sense: a storm that could not possibly have been worse." -- Sebastian Junger, from the Foreword to "The Perfect Storm" ...
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang's two-day Pakistan visit "went beyond the symbolic", said a daily which noted China is a wealthy neighbour that "does not hand out free lunches". Li's visit "went beyond the symbolic - significant because he was here at a crucial time in our political history, with the process of transition from one government to another now in train," said an editorial in the News ...
North Korea launched several short-range guided missiles into the sea off the Korean Peninsula's east coast May 18, South Korea's semi-official news agency Yonhap cited the South Korean Defense Ministry as ...
The 2013 China Dragon Boat Tournament is to be held at the Dragon Boat square in Jinjiang Town of Chengmai County from June 8th to 11th. With a total prize pool of RMB460, 000, the tournament in Chengmai includes the 23-person team 200m, 500m, and 5,000m races. According to the introduction, a total of 12 teams from Beijing, Shanghai, Zhejiang, Guangdong, Fujian, Hong Kong, Taiwan and ...
Photo taken on May 22, 2013 shows the scenery of the sea of clouds and the terraced fields at the Pingzhai Township of Liping County, southwest China's Guizhou Province. (Xinhua/Yang ...
/enpproperty--> BERLIN -- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang is slated to start an official visit to Germany late Saturday, the last leg of his first overseas trip since taking office in March. Li will meet with German President Joachim Gauck and hold talks with Chancellor Angela Merkel on further cementing China's relationship with Germany and Europe at large. The premier will also deliver a ...
They Said It
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
I caught a cab from the Belfast International Airport, and within about 10 or 15 minutes was at the Hilton ...Keep reading
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Beijing BulletinBeijing Bulletin | Breaking News from Beijing
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of the news from Beijing. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Beijing Bulletin is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Beijing.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Beijing weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Beijing Bulletin is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
As many as nine people, including three children, died in a fire that broke out in China's Guangdong province early Friday, fire authorities said.
The flames engulfed an automobile repair shop in Foshan city in the morning, reported Xinhua citing a fire brigade official.
It was a single-storey building, existing as shop-cum-residence, the official said, adding that the fire was later doused.
- Gold dips slightly ahead of 3-day holiday weekend
- Chinese premier slams EUs trade measures against Chinese products
- China vows to further liberalize interest rates
- Google eyes African Asian markets
- PRECIOUS-Gold dips but 2.15 pct weekly rise biggest in a month
- Diversion of flight fails to save passenger from Ireland
- Pakistani plane forced to land near London two held
- Two held over Pakistani planes mid-air alert
- Britain sends up fighters as Pakistani plane diverted
- Hainan Airlines to add new routes to Abu Dhabi this summer
- Google boss warns students against censorship of net and digital ethnic cleansing
- Haswell chip primer How Intel pinches power
- Crave Ep. 122 When the moon hits your 3D-printed pizza pie
- HTC One Google edition Its real and coming in summer
- Bidder buys $1.5 million space date with Leonardo DiCaprio
- Women gymgoers filthier than men
- Turning off technology hours before bedtime promotes sound sleep
- Cook says Pietersen progressing well to be fit in time for Ashes
- Secrets behind itching revealed
- TV characters slammed for on-screen unhealthy lifestyles
- IRS exempt unit faulted for group scrutiny in past
- Top Ten MarketWatch’s top 10 stories May 20-24
- Bucks Blog Talking About Money With Aging Parents
- Retirement Weekly How does the custodian of your funds work
- Retirement Weekly Investing for Income Floating rate securities
- Joan Collins hits out at rude Rolling Stones
- Henri Dutilleux 97 French composer of expressive orchestral music
- Review SPCO has a bittersweet homecoming with music to match
- Last-chance theater Clock strikes twelve for Cinderella and all that jazz
- Audra McDonald Releases New Album Appears In Nationally Televised Solo Concert
- Google to develop wireless in third world
- May 24th 2013 Las Vegas NV MMGuardian Wins Prestigious CTIA Show Emerging Technology Award for Best Mobile Productivity and Public Safety Application of 2013
- United Launch Alliance Launches Second Successful Mission for U.S. Air Force in Just Nine Days
- Montreal lifts boil-water advisory says tap water safe to drink
- ATT Adding New ‘Below-The-Line’ Fee To Wireless Bills
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Beijing Bulletin headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Nine dead in China shop fire
- China reaffirms denuclearisation on Korean Peninsula
- Sudirman Cup China overcome tough test against Indonesia
- China clears Boeing 787s for commercial service
- China takes over operational control of Pakistans Gwadar Port