As many as nine people, including three children, died in a fire that broke out in China's Guangdong province early Friday, fire authorities said. The flames engulfed an automobile repair shop in Foshan city in the morning, reported Xinhua citing a fire brigade official. It was a single-storey building, existing as shop-cum-residence, the official said, adding that the fire was later ...
President Xi Jinping Friday reaffirmed China's stance of denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula while stressing that targets should be met by all parties involved irrespective of how the situation evolved. During his meeting with Choe Ryong Hae, the special envoy of Nork Korean leader Kim Jong Un, Xi stressed that denuclearisation and long-lasting peace and stability on the Korean Peninsula ...
Indonesia almost scared China in their second meeting in three days but the defending champions still made the semifinals of the Sudirman Cup here. Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir provided good start for Indonesia as they stunned Olympic runners-up Xu Chen/Ma Jin in mixed doubles 21-18, 14-21 and 21-16 Thursday. But Chen Long quickly levelled the score for China after he thrashed Tommy Sugiarto ...
Beijing, May 24 (Xinhua-ANI): The Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) issued a certification for the Boeing 787 Dreamliner Thursday, a milestone for the 787 to begin commercial service in China. The CAAC presented Boeing with a Validation of Type Certification (VTC), indicating that the design of the 787 Dreamliner is compliant with China's aviation regulations and that China endorses ...
China has successfully taken over the operational control of Pakistan's Gwadar Port. After pull out by Port of Singapore Authority (PSA) of a 40-year port management and development contract signed in 2007, China will operate the port, which is strategically located close to the Pakistan-Iran border and the Strait of Hormuz in south-western Balochistan province, reports the Daily Times. The ...
Winds: From the ENE at 4 MPH
School of Rock [DVD]
One great rock show can change the world, declares Dewey Finn, the slovenly stick-it-to-the-man hero of the crowd-pleasing comedy School of Rock. Played with infectious abandon by Jack Black (Shallow Hal), Dewey is a force to be reckoned with even if he ... ...
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang's two-day Pakistan visit "went beyond the symbolic", said a daily which noted China is a wealthy neighbour that "does not hand out free lunches". Li's visit "went beyond the symbolic - significant because he was here at a crucial time in our political history, with the process of transition from one government to another now in train," said an editorial in the News ...
A North Korean envoy has told a senior Chinese official that Pyongyang is willing to take China's advice to start talks aimed at resolving tensions on the Korean peninsula. Chinese state broadcaster CCTV reported that envoy Choe Ryong Hae made that remark to a high-ranking member of China's Communist Party, Liu Yunshan, during talks in Beijing Thursday. Liu told Choe that China ...
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang on Thursday urged China and Pakistan to nurture even closer ties, and enhance comprehensive strategic cooperation while addressing Pakistan's parliament. In a speech titled "Let all-weather China-Pakistan friendship bear new fruits," Li said peace, development and cooperation is the theme of the times, and Asia has become one of the most dynamic and most visible areas ...
China will launch a campaign against intellectual property right (IPR) violations as well as counterfeit and substandard products, according to a statement issued Friday.The campaign, which will be launched this year, will focus on agricultural production materials and substandard or fake food and drug products. Infringements upon trademarks, copyrights, patents and other intellectual property ...
/enpproperty--> ZURICH, Switzerland - China and Switzerland will announce the conclusion of talks over a free trade agreement (FTA), visiting Chinese Premier Li Keqiang said here Friday. In a speech delivered at a luncheon with business and financial leaders, Li said he will jointly make the announcement with Swiss President Ueli Maurer. The China-Switzerland FTA would have special ...
They Said It
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Paihia Beach Resort And Spa, Bay of Islands, New Zealand
Driving along the main coastal highway, on the edge of the main township of Paihia, in the heart of the ...Keep reading
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Beijing BulletinBeijing Bulletin | Breaking News from Beijing
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of the news from Beijing. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Beijing Bulletin is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Beijing.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Beijing weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Beijing Bulletin is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
As many as nine people, including three children, died in a fire that broke out in China's Guangdong province early Friday, fire authorities said.
The flames engulfed an automobile repair shop in Foshan city in the morning, reported Xinhua citing a fire brigade official.
It was a single-storey building, existing as shop-cum-residence, the official said, adding that the fire was later doused.
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- Chinas bank card transactions exceed 100 tln yuan
- Philippine bourse extends loss on US stimulus speculation
- PRECIOUS-Gold steadies near $1390oz set for best week in four
- Global stock markets fall after 7 percent collapse in Japan’s Nikkei index
- Diversion of flight fails to save passenger from Ireland
- Britain sends up fighters as Pakistani plane diverted
- Nova Scotia moves ahead with five-year tourism strategy
- Breaking RAF fighter jet escorts Pakistan International Airlines passenger plane to Stansted
- United to offer lie-flat seats on international flights
- Google boss warns students against censorship of net and digital ethnic cleansing
- Narendra Modi Infosys served I-T notice for praising Gujarat
- SAP loses cloud computing specialist Lars Dalgaard
- New Apple TV ad series Every day more people ...
- U.S. judge in e-book trial says Apple is likely to lose
- Turning off technology hours before bedtime promotes sound sleep
- Cook says Pietersen progressing well to be fit in time for Ashes
- Secrets behind itching revealed
- TV characters slammed for on-screen unhealthy lifestyles
- Can Medicare Advantage program play a part in health care savings
- Rimrock Ranch Where cowboys still king
- Bucks Blog Friday Reading A Hotel That Helps With Breast-Feeding
- Stuff your emergency fund with cash
- 6 common myths about buying life insurance
- Video Working longer in retirement
- Joan Collins hits out at rude Rolling Stones
- Kendrick Scott at Bellevue Jazz Festival
- Friday TV Picks ‘Audra McDonald in Concert’ on KCTS
- See a Music Channel Challenge Shazam In A Different Kind Of Epic Rap Battle
- Daft Punk Hits No. 5 On Billboards Social 50 Chart With iTunes Album Stream
- Avnet Inc. to Present at the 2013 Bank of America Merrill Lynch Conference
- Altierre Selected by AlwaysOn as an OnDemand Company to Watch
- All I Really Want Andre Mieux Completes Debut Album
- Telmex Technological Institute Highlighted As a Pioneer in Innovation and Digital Inclusion During the ITU and World Bank Sponsored Athgos 5th Global Innovation Forum
- CoreSite Realty Corporation Declares Second Quarter 2013 Dividend on Common and Series A Preferred Stock
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Beijing Bulletin headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Nine dead in China shop fire
- China reaffirms denuclearisation on Korean Peninsula
- Sudirman Cup China overcome tough test against Indonesia
- China clears Boeing 787s for commercial service
- China takes over operational control of Pakistans Gwadar Port