The Royal Trophy Golf Tournament will be held for the first time in China Dec 20-22 at Dragon Lake Golf Club in Guangzhou, Royal Trophy co-managing director Ivan Ballesteros said Tuesday. "We are very pleased to announce that the next edition of the Royal Trophy will be held at Dragon Lake Golf Club in China. The previous edition of the competition was an enormous success with the Asian team ...
Three New York University researchers from China divulged results from a federally funded study to Chinese competitors in exchange for tuition, rent and other expenses. Federal prosecutors said that Yudong Zhu, a U.S.-educated NYU professor, and Xing Yang, a lab engineer, were released on bail after appearing in federal court in Manhattan to face commercial bribery and other charges. ...
Chinese activist Chen Guangcheng, who fled to the US last year, has said he thinks Washington should do more to protect the relatives he left behind in China. Guangcheng caused a diplomatic row between the US and China after he escaped house arrest and sought refuge in the American embassy in Beijing. Guangcheng, who exposed forced abortions and sterilisations in his home province of Shandong, ...
Stressing on the need for increased people-to-people interaction between India and China, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang on Tuesday declared 2014 as the year of exchanges between the two nations to boost understanding and friendship. Addressing captains of Indian industry at a function organised by FICCI here, Keqiang said: " The year of 2014 will be to boost understanding and friendship between ...
Say It Isn't So!
Say It Isn't So! is the latest romantic comedy masquerading as a gross-out marathon, and even though it wasn't written or directed by the Farrelly Brothers, it was produced by them and directed by one of their long-time associates. Unfortunately, it is not nearly as good as the Farrelly Brothers' best work, or even their recent misfire Me, Myself, & Irene (2000). Say It Isn't So! ... ...
The visit of Premier Li Keqiang to India will promote a strategic partnership, but the US should not become jealous since Beijing and New Delhi do not want to be its enemy, a state-run daily said Tuesday. "Li Keqiang's India visit will promote the two countries strategic partnership to a large extent. "But the United States should not be jealous, because China and India do not want to be its ...
The trade imbalance between India and China may keep growing, experts here said with one of them noting that "India needs more Chinese manufactured products". As Premier Li Keqiang visits India, his first overseas trip, China Daily spoke to experts who said the trade imbalance is likely to keep growing and the situation is hard to change. "India's trade deficit with China is expanding. In the ...
One of the highlights of the new China Art Palace in Shanghai is a giant digital rendering of a famous ancient scroll, "Along the River During Qingming Festival," which includes figures that walk and talk. The work was first presented at the 2010 World Expo in ...
Li Keqiang said Tuesday. "China and India are two largest developing countries and emerging markets in the world," Li said in a speech at the Indian Council of World Affairs. "China-India relations are one of the world's most important bilateral relations in the 21st century," Li said. "Their cooperation has vast room of further development." Li urged both ...
received significant international attention because they combined two major, hot-button issues in China: environmental pollution and government corruption. But the Kunming protests were hardly unusual in China; in fact, a ...
They Said It
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hotel InterContinental Singapore
I took a taxi from Changi International Airport, and arrived about 15 minutes later at the InterContinental. The cab fare ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Beijing BulletinBeijing Bulletin | Breaking News from Beijing
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of the news from Beijing. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Beijing Bulletin is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Beijing.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Beijing weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Beijing Bulletin is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
The Royal Trophy Golf Tournament will be held for the first time in China Dec 20-22 at Dragon Lake Golf Club in Guangzhou, Royal Trophy co-managing director Ivan Ballesteros said Tuesday.
"We are very pleased to announce that the next edition of the Royal Trophy will be held at Dragon Lake Golf Club in China. The previous edition of the competition was an enormous success with the Asian team producing a tremendous recovery and the two continents being engaged in a dramatic play-off. The hosting of the seventh edition of the Trophy in China is very significant," said Ballesteros.
In last year's Royal Trophy, the Asian Team secured its second victory in the history of the competition, but only by a narrow margin of 9-8.
"We certainly expect an Asian team highly determined to retain stewardship of the Royal Trophy and a European side fully committed to regaining the title. It promises to be a truly historic occasion for golf and for Asian sport," said Royal Trophy co-managing director Lincoln Venancio.
The seventh Royal Trophy will be contested in a series of 16 foursomes, four-ball and singles matches between the Asian and the European team.
"The first hosting of the Royal Trophy in China is a historic event," said Nick Faldo, Royal Trophy players' committee member and six-time Major winner. ...
- Morgan Stanley to sell Indian private banking arm to StanChart
- Sony to assess spin-off proposal for entertainment business Nikkei
- A-shares up gains moderate
- PRECIOUS-Gold trims losses as euro firms ahead of Bernanke testimony
- HKEx preparing to launch CES 120 derivative
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Chiranjeevi offers wide opportunities to foreign film producers in India
- Civil Aviation Minister takes action against erring DGCA officers
- Mexicos tourism sector goes up
- South Australian Tourism Commission using short films to show new side to city
- Game on Microsoft new Xbox One powered by voice and facial recognition
- Commodities Tomorrow All About the Fed
- Windows role at the core of Microsofts Xbox One
- Apple CEO makes no apology for companys tax strategy
- Sony to assess spin-off proposal for entertainment business Nikkei
- Celebrity trainer Tracy Andersons diet plan finds big fan in J.Lo
- Anabolic-androgenic steroids linked to reduced future mental health
- Foldable electronics come closer to reality with inkjet-printed graphene
- Indo- Swiss bilateral meet held at Geneva
- More time in gym class lowers obesity risk in kids
- Teachers credited with saving students in Okla.
- A Catch For Insurers That Cut Deductibles For Healthy People
- Corrections 11 things to know about bike-share programs
- Nigeria’s $1-billion wealth fund to start investing in June
- TaxWatch Why IRS scandal is good for tax cheats
- First Internet Announces Three-for-Two Stock Split
- MTS Announces Declaration of Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Analog Devices Reports Second Quarter Fiscal Year 2013 Results
- Intuit Reports Third-Quarter Results Total Revenue Increases 13 Percent
- Airbiquity Continues Driving Its Mobile Integration With The Announcement of Choreo 5.0 -- The Auto Industrys Most Advanced Scalable Cloud-Based Platform Worldwide
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Beijing Bulletin headlines delivered to your inbox.
- China to host maiden Royal Trophy golf meet
- Did witty Li score brownie points over India
- US charges three NYU researchers for taking bribes from Chinese company
- Blind Chinese dissident Guangcheng asks US to protect relatives in China
- Li Keqiang declares 2014 as year of exchanges between India China to boost friendship